We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Monday, January 14, 2008

A Carnival for Lent: An Anglican Family Lent


How do you observe Lent in your personal and family life?

What traditions do you find most meaningful?

What new spiritual disciplines might you undertake or which ones would you commend to others?

How do you bring young ones on the path with Jesus through the desert-season of Lent?

Lent will be the subject of the next Anglican Family Carnival (hosted, here, at A Ten O'Clock Scholar with help from Jeanne of At A Hen's Pace). We hope you'll join us, here, on the first day of Lent (Ash Wednesdy, February 6th, 2008) for "An Anglican Family Lent".

Bloggers: If you are an Anglican blogger, we'd love for you to share how you observe Lent: fasting, special meals, prayers, activities, etc in your family. Or perhaps, you'd like to share some devotions or thoughts on the Lenten season. Please send a link to your submission post by midnight on Sunday, February 3rd to me at: kerry.wmson@gmail.com . If you have more than one post, that is fine, just make sure either they can all be accessed from the link you send OR you list each link seperately in your email.

Please feel free to announce this carnival on your own blog or email this link to friends who might be interested. (Also - you are welcome to use the graphic above to advertise this carnival.) If you have any trouble with the graphic, email me and I'll send you the .jpg file.

Non-bloggers, we'd love you to participate, too! You may leave your contribution in the comments section when the Carnival opens on Feb 6th. If you have a lengthy submission, you may email it to Kerry by Sunday, February 3rd and I'll do my best to post your submission as a "guest" spot.

For those of you who are not Anglicans, but who follow the liturgical year and observe Lent, please join us if you would like--we'd love to have you! Just mention the church you attend or your upbringing or whatever makes you a "kindred spirit."

We appreciate it if you can help spread the word now...to give everyone time to put together those inspiring posts!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Kerry, I'm so glad that you will be doing this. Since we are not in an Anglican church at this time, I am enjoying learning about all of these thoughtful traditions through my research. How inspiring to live through the year with so many many necessary reminders of His story. I won't be posting anything since our baby is due, and I'm trying hard not to make any other commitments, but I will certainly be reading the other posts! May your season be full of joy.

Kerry - A Ten O'Clock Scholar said...

Laura, I can tell from your blog (which I've been enjoying and have subscribed to in my google reader) that you are definitely a "kindred spirit"! In fact, I LOVED your 12 days of Christmas posts. I've bookmarked them for future reference - they are quite good!

If you decide that you have a post that you'd like to submit, I'd be so happy to include it!!

Happy gestating! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to this carnival, even though I am not Anglican, I have found so much thoughtful beauty on this blog. I checked in early today to see if the carnival was up yet when this bit of irony hit me: a Carnival for Lent? HAHAHA! Now that carnival is how I want to celebrate these 40 days!

Lori said...

I found this via Catherine's blog at Everyday life as Lyric Poetry. Lovely.

I am not an Anglican but am a practicing, devout Christian. I just wrote a piece about Ash Wednesday on my blog http://lossesandgains.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the invitation to participate!