We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Advent in our home - weeks 3 and 4

Busyness kept me from posting this last week.  Not that I am not busy now, but I've got a little time in the early morning...


Gum drop and toothpick structures - a favorite crafty activity



Our eldest, 14, enjoying a little Christmas humor.



A Saint Nicholas waits quietly on the mantle.




Handmade replicas of family landmarks (Aland, Finland).  Front: a typical Swedish cottage (Aland is owned by Finland, but is Swedish in heritage.  Both languages are spoken. Middle: Christiansund the family home (c. 1932 ) where my M-i-L was born.  Back: Eckero church the family church. (c. early 1200s ).




One of our favorite play nativity sets.  (I know, I know, shoot me - the baby Jesus is already in the manger. )



Baking, baking, baking.  I'm discovering that despite the larger kitchen, I seem to have less working space.  Hmmm....



Farmor, E, and L enjoy a Christmas story.




We wait all year for this delight: Svenska Glogg (Swedish Glogg).  It is sort of like mulled wine, but the only wine in it is port (the rest is more port, brandy and vodka).  A warmed mug is the perfect nightcap on a cold winter's evening.

No comments: