We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Monday, September 19, 2011

That elderly dogwood tree outside my window

After a long hard season, my elderly dogwood tree has lovely red berries popping out on the branches.  This is wonderful!  We were not sure this old, gnarled and knobbled tree would make it through the construction process.  There were a few, a very few, blooms on it this spring.  That was a good sign, but not a sure sign.   However, those little red berries, not being an horticulturist I must qualify this with an "I think", are a very good sign...and maybe even a sure sign that our dogwood has indeed survived.

Not unlike this blog, perhaps?

This spring there were a few blooms here on this blog, but not enough to say for sure whether I'd keep on blogging.  Not for a lack of desire!  But for lack of energy. . . lack of time . . . and honestly, for lack of anything that felt worth saying.  Or reading.

Those last two are still to be seen, but I feel a slight invigoration.  Like an old tree that has had a long, rejuvenating summer and is now filled with just enough energy . . .  just enough to pop out this first, tiny, lone berry.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I was just thinking about you and your blog as I nursed the baby to sleep, trying to remember when you last posted and wondering when you'd post again! So glad to hear your voice! Look forward to more...

Melissa said...

You have been missed! I was excited to see your post today.

MomCO3 said...

Welcome back! I missed you!