Welcome to Advent week 1!
Here are some links I've collected in the last week for you. Just a few this week to whet your appetite.
- Lent and Beyond is an amazing and extensive resource for Anglicans and other liturgical-minded Christians. Loads of Advent links!
- Christmas Movies - I love to record them and have some to watch during the 12 Days. This website has a very complete listing, and very easy to copy and paste into a document for printing. The bold ones are this blogger's top picks (classic movies and such).
|Yesterday, I let the girls dig through the Christmas crafts box.|
Oh, they had fun, which is obvious from the mess they made!
- The Celebration Project - my IRL friend Amy (and a friend of hers, Deb) are blogging their way through the Church Year - a project near and dear to my heart! Be sure to subscribe to this blog if you also love the Church Year. And don't miss her guest posts on St Nicholas from Anne Kennedy (of Preventing Grace) and yours truly. (I'm so honored that she even asked!)
- Preparing for the New Church Year - from Internet Monk. This is an exceptionally-complete introduction to the Church Year. If you are new to this whole concept, this is a great place to start. But even if you are quite familiar with the Church year, you can find some very helpful resources. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- A grown up's Advent calendar - Professor Carol puts out a fascinating email-based Advent calendar. Lots of interesting historical and cultural tidbits!