We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Thursday, March 7, 2019

Daybook: Lent, a beginning, March 7th

outside my window . . .  my backyard is nothing but mud, mess, and mayhem.  We've had rain - so much rain.  The mulch has completely overrun the patio, the dogs have tracked mud across the porch, and there are mud-caked towel strung here and there waiting to be washed.  Will it ever dry up??  Thankfully, today is sunny and cold, perfect for drying out the ground a bit.

listening to . . . the little heater that keeps my kitchen alcove warm blowing in an attempt to get the area to a comfortable 68.

wearing . . .  still not totally dressed for the day, temporarily wearing my pj top (which lookes like a regular shirt), jeans, and my teal down vest. 

so grateful for . . .  prayers of good friends that sustain me.

pondering . . .  how to get my home back in a semblance of order.  We've had many weeks and weekends of travel since mid-January.  The house has slowly gotten out of hand and now we all feel the chaos creeping.  Also considering adding chores for Frey and Freya.

reading . . .  The Remains of the Day (Kizuro) - almost done!, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (Le Carre) - just finished it - SO GOOD, On the Incarnation (St. Athanasius),  A CiRCE Guide to Reading (Kern) and still pluggin away at Beauty in the Word (Stratford Caldecott).

creating . . . determined to create a new chore chart for the littles.

around the house . . . tackling Mt. Clutter

from the kitchen . . . still deciding.  Possibly we'll have BBQ from our favorite place.

real education in our home . . .  my dear Artemesia has really taken over her own education.  She comes to me for help when she needs it, but she has discovered the joy and reward of learning indepenently.  It was somewhat self-preservation on her part, but I'm very proud of her.

the church year in our home . . . Still struggling with getting our church year established with the littles.  This new season has been very hard to adjust to in this area.

one of my favorite things . . .  my teal down vest.

recent milestones . . . I have recently accepted a position as Challenge 4 Director on our Classical Conversations campus!

the week ahead . . . well, the week is almost over.  Today is Ella's work day, school, CC prep, ballet (of course).  Tomorrow is our CC Community day.


picture thoughts . . .

Freya after her nap.

No comments: