We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Monday, May 11, 2009

Art Links for Homeschoolers: May

Each month I preview art resources from around the world to bring you, Art Links for Homeschoolers. I think you'll find these links useful in your homeschool for Art History, Art Appreciation or Picture Study. Looking for something in particular? Try a blog search (that little Blogger search box in the top navigation bar - above my banner). Want to see what resources I've reviewed so far? Click on the label "Enjoying the Arts".

This month's Art Links for Homeschoolers are all from the 20th and 21st century - from Georgia Okeefe's abstracts and surrealist paintings, to the Wyeth family's realism, to David Hockney's Pop art.


- Modern -


Kalamazoo Institute of Arts presents Georgia O'Keefe and Her Times











The Montclair Art Museum in Montclair, NJ offers an exhibition of three generations of Wyeth painters now through July 19th. See their online exhibition complete with biographies of each of the family painters.












David Hockney has traded in his paintbrushes for printer cartridges. Well, maybe only temporarily. This is a fascinating exhibit showcasing the artistic applications of modern technology.


Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to subscribe via email or RSS to receive my blog updates.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Thanks for the list!
I included your post in the COH this week. http://jacquedixon.com/?p=3843
blessings~

Renae said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful resources. I just wish I could go to each show in person, but the internet will have to do. ;)

Kerry said...

Oh, I'm right there with you, Renae! I would LOVE to attend so many of these in person. It's not quite the same on the internet, is it? But it really will have to do for now.