We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Monday, March 5, 2012

Daybook: March 5th


outside my window . . .  So many little spring flowers blooming early.  I do hope we won't lose our spring bloom to a late freeze.

listening to . . . Kalliope watching "Curious George" across the hall in my bedroom.  (I'm in Erik's study this morning as he has his Monday meeting with a friend.)

wearing . . . pjs - not dressed, yet!

so grateful for . . .   A homeschool friend's eldest daughter was married yesterday.  It was a very sweet ceremony and reception.  The food was fantastic!  Everything was very elegant and simple.  I loved it!

pondering . . .  where to plant two new trees that were just delivered: a fig and an apple.


reading . . .  Consequences of Ideas (RC Sproul),  Comedies (Aristophanes)


thinking . . . after a long season of not being able to get out and walk (the cold is just too much for my facial nerve issue), I've started walking again.  Hope to shed some pounds before summer!

creating . . .  nothing these days.

around the house . . .  I am feeling the need to do some spring cleaning.  After a few months of homeschooling, things just start to pile up in certain places....little chores that can "wait" do just that, and before you know it they've piled up into a big heap.


from the kitchen . . . Considering a Vegetable Jolloff to celebrate Ghana's Independence Day.

real education in our home . . .  With my permission, Faramir didn't read the book for this week's CC class (Secret Garden), instead I've asked him to watch a movie version so he can at least be familiar with the plot.


the church year in our home . . . lovely yellow daffodil-like flowers and Baby's Breath for St. David's feast day.  Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day on the 17th and St. Joseph's Day on the 19th.


one of my favorite things . . . I really do love my Lively Literary group.  We had a great discussion on Friday about Euripides "The Bacchae".


recent milestones . . . Athos has his driver's permit!!


the week ahead . . . Tuesday is Ghana's Independence Day.   My mom and step dad arrive for a visit tomorrow or Wednesday.  Erik's birthday on Saturday!


No comments: