We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~Isaiah 64:8



Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Setting up the Girls' room!

You might enjoy the photos I took when setting up L's room recently. She and E will share a room, but for the first month or so she'll sleep in a crib in our room. In the past, I've found it really hard to sleep with a baby in the room, but our social worker assures us this is best for her until she develops some trust that we will be there when she wakes up. So, we'll do the best we can! Anyway - here are the photos:

This view is looking in from the door. You can see E's bed on the left and the pack & play on the right. It is "standing in" for the crib until we get it set up in here. Right now we have small shelves for each girl, but are going to replace those with tall shelves (the small ones just aren't big enough) in the future. I'm on the scout for these at garage sales and the consignment stores!











And here you can see L's side of the room a bit better. Notice the two rockers - one for me and one for big sis:








And E's side:










And then back around, towards the door (to the left of the dresser) and closet.








Oh, you've got to see how I organized the closet! You can see E's got the lower rack and L's got the top rack (easier for me to reach!). L's got a few items hanging that have been given as hand-me-downs, gifts, and an outfit or two I saved from Ella's baby days. I'll put another sweater stacker and shoe sorter (used for socks, tights and shoes) on the left for L :












Isn't that fun?
This weekend my project will be to sort through the 4 bags of hand-me-downs we've been given!

No comments: